
Sloan Marie was born August 18th, 2015 at 6:55AM. She was born on her due date!

Born at 8 pounds 12 ounces and 20 inches, she is our biggest baby by a few ounces.
First time in a car seat, ready to leave the hospital and go home.
Our first picture of the three kids.
Wyatt was pretty impressed by her.
Ruthie didn't seem to know what to think.
Photo taken on her birthday.
Loved to be bundled up, and at almost three months, still loves to be swaddled.
Our first selfies...she looks huge here, but is only a few weeks old.
After about an hour we called Brian's mom to head over here, after called OB to see if they thought I should come in. Once at the hospital, they got us all situated and we tried to get some sleep. I was 4 cm when we got there and each time she checked me I was farther along. I was able to get an epidural, which took forever, before contractions got too bad. Brian and I then slept off and on as much as we could. In the early morning the nurse called Dr. Meyer to head our way. I started pushing and before I knew it we had a baby. I noticed the gender of the baby before anyone else did, but let Dr. Meyer announce it. I wanted to see Brian's reaction. I was surprised to have another little girl! Dr. Meyer took her over to the side to clean out her nose and mouth and then they handed her back to me for some skin to skin time. Sloan knew just what to do and latched on to nurse quite easily. The nurse even let me continue to nurse her as she got her first shot and ointment in her eyes. The three of us, Brian, Sloan, and I huddled together for over an hour before the nurse decided it was time to weight her and such.
Sloan's birth took the longest of our three, but was the smoothest. It was an experience I will never forget. One of my favorite things was being able to see both Wyatt's and Ruthie's reaction to meeting Sloan. Brian brought them up individually so each one could see her on their own. Ruthie introduced herself to Sloan, it still melts my heart thinking of it!
Brian and I couldn't be happier with our three beautiful, healthy children!











No comments:
Post a Comment