October 3, 2010

Big Boy Bed

For the past few weeks Wyatt has been able to climb out of his pack and play at daycare...but had never attempted to get out of his crib at home...that all changed at nap time yesterday.

Brian put him in his crib and we assumed he would go to sleep as usual. About 20 minutes into nap time we heard his door shut, I went to investigate and was greeted with a 'hi mommy,' when I opened the door.

No, he wasn't in the crib, he was standing by the door knocking on it. I would also add, he was very proud of his gymnastic feat of flipping out of the crib.
So I made my second trip of the day to Walmart and bought this front rail contraption. He thought it was pretty funny when I showed him the new set up....he immediately flipped over the new rail into bed.
He was impressed with this until it was time for bed. Our bedtime routine (two or three minutes) was lengthen into almost 45 minutes...and on top of that when he woke up at 2:00 AM he refused to go back to sleep in it.
I guess we'll see how nap time and bedtime go today....wish us luck!

No comments: