September 8, 2012

The First 3 Weeks of School


Well, we've just finished the third full week of school....kind of!  Of the 14 days of school we've had...we've only been there for 3 full days, due to the heat.  Being a pregnant woman at school, I have loved getting out early....the hottest it's gotten in my classroom is 88 degrees...and that was at 12:45!
Wyatt has enjoyed being back into a routine, as have all of us.  Here is a weekend craft he and Nana Lorrie did.....who knew googly eyes, sticker, straws, and foam cups could entertain him for so long!


 
Wyatt started preschool on the 27th of August.  He's loved each and every day since!  He likes to tell us what his 'job' was for the morning and what snack was.  He hasn't told us much about what he's actually learned....the newsletter has helped us with that.


The Clay County Fair started today, with the most beautiful weather we've had in a long time!  Wyatt and I went with my parents, sister Kelli and her family.  Wyatt loves seeing his cousins every time they come... and today didn't disappoint. 
Wyatt ate his first corn dog today....I know....I've deprived him.....Brian and I don't eat them...so I've never thought to buy them for him.  The verdict...He loves them! 
Wyatt also got to ride his first pony today.  He's now officially a cowboy...or so the cowboy running the ring told him. 
 



 It's not the Fair without fair food!  Besides a corn dog, we had french fries and ice cream.  Wyatt had a vanilla shake and I had a mint chocolate chip cone.  Every year I like to stop at the Shriner's building for this ice cream! 
On our way out of the fairgrounds we stopped to get Brian and Nana Lorrie a fresh squeezed lemonade.  Brian's favorite fair food!
With 8 more days of the Clay County Fair, I know we'll be back several more times....for more sights, sounds, and food!

No comments: